What exactly is Pilates?
Pilates is a gentle but highly effective mat based exercise. Using your own body weight, occasionally with additional small equipment such as a small inflatable ball or foam block, Pilates will build your body’s core strength and improve your posture. Through a series of low repetition, low impact stretching and conditioning exercises, Pilates will elongate your muscles, increasing flexibility and agility to restore your body’s natural balance.
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a whole new body.”
Pilates is also challenging
Pilates is also an extremely flexible exercise system. Modifications to the exercises allow for a range of difficulty ranging from beginning to advanced. With Positive Pilates we ensure you get the workout that best suits you now, and that increases the intensity as your body conditioning improves.
“The Pilates method of body conditioning develops the body uniformly, corrects posture, restores vitality, invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit.”
Pilates can help you:
- Improve your posture, health and overall fitness.
- Reach specific physical goals and challenge your athletic ability.
- Rehabilitate after injury, surgery or illness.
- Return your body to greater movement.
- Reduce risk of injury.
- Expand your body awareness.
- Develop trust in your body’s abilities.
- Look better, feel better, live better.
- Live a happier, more-fulfilling life.
- Make backache a distant memory.
Pilates is suitable for everyone
Regardless of age, ability or level of fitness, Pilates can help everyone to move and feel better, invigorating that sense of well-being.